We need your help spread the word about our People First Appeal, which aims to raise £500,000 to give the people we support across the communities we serve the best chances to recover, rebalance and reconnect post COVID.
Cosgrove’s 2022 Fundraising theme is “People First” – whether it is the people we support, our incredible support team or people that we provide assistance to in the wider community, our focus is always on ensuring that we are able to help those in need as effectively as possible.
Our People First Appeal will enable the charity to focus on recovery, rebalancing and reconnecting with the people that we support through projects that will enhance and compliment our core services, and also in the wider community through our volunteering and community support initiatives. Cosgrove’s work this year will enable Children, adults and older adults with additional needs to reconnect and rebuild confidence.
Our appeal will raise funds to ensure that we can:
- Provide initiatives that will make a difference to the lives of the people we support, as well as their families and the wider community, in conjunction with our commissioned services. Cosgrove will use this funding to enhance and further develop the short breaks, supported employment, participation and wellbeing programmes that we provide. These services have proven to be extremely effective in the past in terms of how we can make a positive difference in the lives of people we support, and we plan to further develop these in 2022 as we extend our reach, and reconnect with those who have been isolated over the past couple of years.
- Help people within the communities in which we operate to recover, rebalance and reconnect through our Community Support and Volunteering initiatives – in 2022, we will extend our volunteering programme to provide support to vulnerable people, older people and those in financial hardship, and bring the community together through our volunteering and support networks.
- Further develop our Supported Employment programme, where we work with hundreds of children and young adults with learning disabilities each year to give them the best possible chance at finding sustainable career opportunities. We know that for many people with additional support needs, they have the hardest time finding employment opportunities. This has been even more exacerbated by the Covid-19 pandemic. Our People First Appeal will expand our Pathways to Independence Programme to help them get out of poverty and into employment, training and education.
And provide many more initiatives within our local communities that will help us to support people first, in a way that builds confidence and provides a social environment and pleasure which some of the individuals we care for would not find elsewhere.
How your donations will help:
Cosgrove’s People First Appeal will help us sustain our essential work in communities, will help us reach more vulnerable people to help them achieve their potential and will support recovery and success.
How you can get involved:
There are many ways that you can assist our Communities Appeal, ensuring that your support is directed towards those in need living in your local area.
• Donate here: Cosgrove Care – JustGiving
• Participate in or arrange a fundraising activity for Cosgrove – email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information
• Could your workplace help? Get your Company involved! – email email@example.com for more information
• Help promote the appeal through your social media channels
Our Appeal will:
• Enable the charity to expand our work within our local community and reach more people
• Provide an ongoing much needed response to some of the issues the community are facing as a result of the Covid-19 pandemic
• Allow us to support thise most in need to recover and regain connections and wellbeing.