Cosgrove Art in the Park
Cosgrove’s Art in the Park scheme is a year–long initiative that started in April 2021 and provided art sessions for people that we support in the local community. With a programme that will stretch across a wide variety of art forms, the course will help people we support share their perceptions of the world, express their emotions and create lasting bodies of work that they will be proud of. With a focus on nature, space and expression, Art in the Park helped to deal with the impact of COVID on the lives of people we support, and aided in self expression and creativity as we came out of the most challenging parts of lockdown. Art in the Park catered to participants of all ages, with a focus on younger people through certain elements of our activities.
- Improved concentration
- Better interaction with facilitator/volunteers
- Increased access to arts provision for disabled people
- Improved mental and emotional wellbeing as a result to high quality arts provision
- Improved arts skill and communication/expression from participants.
- Increased confidence and ability to express themselves and shape direct sessions.
- Improved perceptions of the potential of disabled people to develop skills and produce high quality arts.
- The people who have participated have improved understanding and knowledge of art in various forms.
I had an absolute ball being at the YES academy and painting outside with the people Cosgrove support. It was really a special time to be in Rouken Glen and taking part in such a unique project. One of the things I always like to do is get the participants to play about with scale, to look at something small and make it big or vice versa and challenge people to express themselves with colour and texture. At times painting was flying everywhere and it was fantastic, we got to explore this with lots of different materials that brought wonderful results. Without funding the freedom of this would not have been possible.– Facilitator
One of my favourite things is to see how the different artists adapted their styles from a single theme, it really brought about some amazing results and shows that anything is possible!– Facilitator