Children and Young People
Every family has a unique set of circumstances. That’s why getting the right support for your child at an early age can transform their future. We support children and families with a range of needs in West Central Scotland.
Cosgrove offers a range of personalised services, including one-to-one support, holiday play schemes, after school care, a specialist activity centre, and overnight stays or short breaks.
We will work with you to create a support plan which help your child to reach their potential.
Our children’s support services can stay with your child as they grow, supporting key transitions and helping plan for the future.
All our staff are trained in Child and Adult protection, you can view our Child Protection policy here
The aims of our Children’s Services are:
- To overcome isolation and the lack of opportunities for children with learning difficulties, autism spectrum disorders, complex needs and/or mental health issues.
- To enable children with additional support needs the opportunity to increase their circle of friends and integrate within the local community.
- To broaden opportunities and experiences for children with additional support needs whilst ensuring their safety at all times.
- To reduce stress and increase support for families and carers by providing respite opportunities.
- To support families by providing information on how to support children with additional support needs and how to access services.
- To involve volunteers and the wider community in helping to overcome the exclusion of children with additional support needs.
“We are so fortunate that Cosgrove has a wealth of knowledge and expertise at the forefront of care and support for people with learning disabilities and their families”
> Supported Employment
Negotiating the world of work can be challenging and intimidating for those with disabilities. Cosgrove offers a variety of resources to help you pursue employment opportunities that are right for you.
Cosgrove’s Children’s service offers a play scheme during Easter, Summer and October school holidays