Negotiating the world of work can be challenging and intimidating for those with disabilities. Cosgrove offers a variety of resources to help you pursue employment opportunities that are right for you.
Our Supported Employment opportunities offer work-based learning opportunities in our local communities. Some of the ways in which we can help include:
- Raising aspirations and ensuring a successful transition from school into employment or further education
Increasing confidence, motivation, social inclusion, self-esteem, work readiness and friendships.
- Offering helpful advice and information to support families during transition towards adulthood and independent living
- Helping young people achieve a nationally recognised qualification.
- Working with local schools to deliver opportunities for pupils who would otherwise be excluded from this important part of the school curriculum
- Increasing social inclusion and community awareness of the skills and abilities of people with additional needs
- Supporting local employers with advice to make their workplace accessible for people with additional needs, and access to qualified employees and job coaching for new employees
- Working with local authorities to offer supported employment and training for adults with additional needs who would otherwise be more likely to be amongst the long-term unemployed
If you’d like to find out more about how we can provide support please get in touch.