Roundups – What is it?
Roundups is a method of donating to your charity of choice (Cosgrove!) regularly through small payments while making transactions. Imagine if you could put 5p in a bucket after buying a coffee, or 20p in a collection tin from your shopping change – this is what the Roundups app can replicate now that we are using cash less and less.
Roundups App – How it works
The Roundups App rounds up your card payments, donates the pennies to Cosgrove, and allows you to be able to track your donations as closely as you would like! Signing up to this app is an easy way to make regular small donations to Cosgrove in a way that you can track and manage.
The advantages of using the app are:
- You can round your payments up to 10p, 50p or £1: it’s your choice
- You will be able to help Cosgrove through small regular donations without fuss
- You can set a weekly cap on your donations so you don’t pay too much! This can be adjusted on the app at any time
How to get started
To get set up, go to : www.roundups.org/cosgrove-care and register with a login and password. Then set whether you’d like to round up every 10p, 50p or £1 – once set, the app will ensure that this amount, and this amount only, is the rounded up figure for each payment, and you can set a cap per week on the amount you choose to donate. You can also check on your donation amounts on the Roundups App.
Once you’ve registered, you will be prompted to connect to your online bank account to allow Roundups donations to be made. So, for example…
- For every 10p donation, a £1.26 payment becomes £1.30
- For every 50p a £1.26 payment becomes £1.50
- For £1, a £1.26 payment becomes £2.00
And for each of these amounts, per week, the automatic donations would stop once you reach the weekly cap level you have specified. Further information on donation amounts can be found on Page 2 in the FAQs.
If you have any questions about using the Roundups app, please contact email@example.com or call 0141 6202500.