Mindful Employer is a national initiative supporting employers to take a positive approach towards mental health at work. By signing the Mindful Employer charter, employers are making a public declaration of their ambition to support the mental wellbeing of their staff.
Right now 1 in 6 workers are dealing with a mental health problem such as anxiety, depression or a stress-related illness.
Cosgrove Care as a Mindful Employer
As an employer we recognise that in the UK, people experiencing mental ill health continue to report stigma and discrimination at work. Having signed the ‘Charter for Employers Positive about Mental Health’, we are committed to creating a supportive and open culture, where colleagues feel able to talk about mental health confidently, and aspire to appropriately support the mental wellbeing of all staff.
As an employer, Cosgrove have made an on-going commitment to:
- Provide non-judgemental and proactive support to staff experiencing mental ill health.
- Not make assumptions about a person with a mental health condition and their ability to work.
- Be positive and enabling towards all employees and job applicants with a mental health condition.
- Support line managers in managing mental health in the workplace.
- Ensure we are fair in the recruitment of new staff in accordance with the Equality Act (2010).
- Make it clear that people who have experienced mental ill health will not be discriminated against, and that disclosure of a mental health problem will enable both the employee and employer to assess and provide the right level of support or adjustment.
You can find out more about the Mindful Employer project here: https://www.mindfulemployer.dpt.nhs.uk/
Staff are encouraged to speak to Cosgrove’s Wellbeing Champions if they would like to have an informal chat about any of the issues raised – email LWilson@cosgrovecare.org.uk or Lgold@cosgrovecare.org.uk